The
sole response of some candidates to current City Council related issues is a
call for more public input. Although I see that as a real need, it’s merely an
external symptom of a more critical internal issue.
Policy, or the lack of it, is the basis of all civic action. I will
call for the reassessment of many current Council-approved policies such as
those which reduced the level of our public safety personnel and services, and
which opened the door for the potential destruction of a classic Shore home.
City policy must remain public and dynamic – not dormant and static.
As your next Councilman, I will also
champion policies that reestablish the foundations for a community that
provides a safe environment in which all can prosper. Together, we can find
solutions and build on our strengths.
The Third District is truly diverse – from
the Beach to CSULB, and everything in between; success means different things
to each person and business. Successful solutions require compromise:
Residents recognizing the importance of businesses providing revenue for
services. Businesses that proactively mitigate the negative issues they
create; recognizing that residents are their best source of income and
sustainability. Both realizing they need each other, working collaboratively
to find win-win solutions.
City leaders need to step-up and provide the
vision for what we can become—together.
Listen to what others say (link). I have the
education and proven experience to lead beneficial community change, building
consensus around what is in the best interest of the District and the City.
I
humbly request your financial support now, and your vote on April 8.
www.JimLewisForCouncil.com
|
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Policy is the Real Issue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment