As
I walk the District, I am struck by several things: There are very distinct and
diverse neighborhoods, and each has specific benefits and problems – some
obvious, others hidden.
People
love this community, have dreams for their families, they have opinions, and some
have possible solutions. Many freely speak of their family to this stranger.
They’re
often surprised that I’m going door-to-door to meet them; to ask what their
issues might be. Some say, “What issues – look where we live!” Some have a list
of problems they've wanted to unload on anyone with a connection to city
leadership.
A
few are focused on just one question – and I’d better agree, or the door closes
quickly.
One commonality among those I have met is a passion for their neighborhood, their school, and Long Beach – and some fear we are losing our vision of what we are and can be as a city.
One commonality among those I have met is a passion for their neighborhood, their school, and Long Beach – and some fear we are losing our vision of what we are and can be as a city.
I
share their passion. I have a strong history of affecting change for the
better. Becoming the next Third District Councilman will bring me to the next
level of service to this community.
I
have a strong history of building relationships, developing common ground, and
clarifying vision. A testament to that is the 17 neighbors I met for the first
time who wanted to sign my candidate nomination. Truly a humbling experience,
and proof to me I’m the person best suited to serve the people of the Third
District.

No comments:
Post a Comment