A Passion for Community ~ The Desire to Serve
I am running for Third District City Council because I am passionate about our community and want to continue to make a positive impact. I have been proactive in each of my initiatives and involvements in Long Beach -- for my organization and through my community involvements. These include: Hosting Neighborhood Association meetings and Precinct Voter Polls; Mitigating negative issues; Neighborhood Clean-ups Events; Serving on the Chamber's Government Action Committee; the Gang Reduction, Intervention, and Prevention Taskforce; Speaking at the '07 Police Academy; Course Leader of Leadership Long Beach; Becoming CERT certified; Making major innovations in the Greater Long Beach Leadership Prayer Breakfast that increased attendance, initiated Forums on Development & Leadership. I will also proactively engage and empower our younger leaders to build their future.
AND we are a proactive Third District Campaign.
We are celebrating many Firsts:
- To have published a Website that was noted as "intelligent and interactive"
- To have posted clear platforms on Issues
- To post a video of Priorities
- To post official Endorsements
- To have major ads in all related publications
- To file our official Nomination Paper and being sworn in Oath Video
- To be the first 3rd District candidate certified by the City Clerk
17 of our 30 Nomination signatures were received during precinct walks going door-to-door, from people I had not previously known, and 9 were from those who approached me wanting to sign. That is over 57% from new relationship-building alone. This is an example of how I develop common ground.
So, if you have not yet joined us, or can increase your involvement, NOW is the time to act to help me become your Councilman of the 3rd District and Long Beach.
Thank you for your thoughtful and prayerful consideration!
For more information, visit: www.JimLewisForCouncil.com
Paid for by Jim Lewis For Council 2014 FPPC#1361035



No comments:
Post a Comment